Thursday, May 28, 2009

Injuries...just add it to the list.



Instant Goose Egg.
Poor Teague:( This is the result of chasing a balloon, looking up, tripping, falling, face meeting the edge of the book self. Crazy! Bad injury, lots of screaming involved! I know all the signs now of broken vs not and concussion vs no concussion.
Keep awake - check
Pupils not dilated - check
No blood coming out of nose - check
Ask questions for him to answer every 10 mins - check
Call pediatrician (have them tell me just ice it because there is nothing they can do to that part of the nose anyways) - check
Frozen Peas application every 20 mins - check

Saved myself a very long ER visit - big check!

5 comments:

The O'Donnells said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot even imagine because I'm having a hard time even looking at it...poor Teague! I'm so glad that it's only a bump.

Chrissy said...

Wow. That is pretty impressive. Both the massive bump and how you kept yourself together Michelle.

Hee-Haw said...

Happy to see that your toughening up your kids for their visit. Also I am happy that you are getting more training in how to deal with all the bumps and bruises. That means we'll do less - right?

Charity Lemke said...

Oh, poor Teague! That looks like a good one!
Somehow seeing this makes me miss you guys-I often feel like the only mom who deals with situations such as that. Must be the 3 boy household. Way to go with the frozen peas, we always have those on hand!

Anonymous said...

Poor Teague :(. Glad he is okay but man he has a real warrior injury now.