Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Sports

Basketball for Trey. Basketball at such a young age is simply painful to watch. Maybe it is because I used to play??? I haven't figured it out yet but I just can't help but wince as they run with the ball no dribbling, never passing, and shooting the ball from almost half court!!!! Don't worry though I would never say these things out loud:) Really it is fun and hilarious to watch for all those reasons. They are just beginning to learn the sport. You want to make sure they enjoy it as well and not implement to many rules. Really the only rule is the out of bounds line. It's working too because Trey loves Basketball right now!

Hockey for Taatjes! Oh my my my! How do I begin to explain Taatjes first hockey practice. Let me tell you that I was almost in tears! Not him mind you just me! He could barely stay up on his skates. He took fall after fall after fall. He used every once of energy just to pick himself up over and over again. I thought for sure he was going to come off the ice crying and telling me he never wanted to come back. Taatjes proved my thought wrong! When he was finished he did say it was very hard, but, he really wants to be a hockey player! He couldn't wait for his next practice! And so we have continued and Taatjes has been skating 4 times now and walla he's got it! Side note - Putting on hockey gear makes me sweat! So much gear and making his laces tight enough is going to break a finger some day!!!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ah - that's good stuff. There's so much for kids to learn as they play sports. And that pic of Taatjes in hockey gear is fantastic.