Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bathing Ninja Meets Inevitable Fate!

Last night was bath time for Teague or should I say a little Ninja named Teague. To begin this little story I will tell you the end result was not one clean little Ninja. You see our little Ninja decided to enter his bath by way of one super cool, high flying, every real Ninja must have one action packed "heeyaw" move! He jumped from the edge of the tub and planted his little Ninja forehead straight into the opposite edge of the tub! Fortunate for me Dad was the one in the bathroom and snatched him up and immediately covered his bloody head. I heard the crash, and to be honest was crossing my fingers hoping it was Justin who slipped and fell on the ground and not Teague who I knew was getting in the tub. When I heard the screams and Justin yell "MICHELLE I NEED PAPER TOWELS!", DRAT, I knew it was Teague! So off we went. Pictures below tell the rest of the story.
Teague with his homemade head wrap (from mom and dad) in the ER waiting room. What a trooper with his smile!

All stitched up! They gave him some numbing cream on his wound and some oral drugs to make him nice and loopy. This morning he said the stitches tickled him when they did it - great:)


Showing me his Ninja move that landed him with a split forehead.
He did great! Not once did he move or cry while they stitched him up. In fact he did not cry the entire time we were there (4 hrs!!!). They were amazed at how brave he was and thought he was their best patient that night! I think the Valium may have come into play, thank goodness!
He was so cute as he kept telling all the nurses and doctors that he got hurt because he was a Ninja! Love this stuff, kinda:)
Extremely Important Side Note - Justin was fixing the shower/tub spout and had no idea what Teague was about to do!

2 comments:

Lindylu said...

Nice story! Nice pics! Great kid.

Cubba said...

I like the "Not Justin's Fault" disclaimer...