Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"Kids Say The Darndest Things"

I just had to share some of the little funny things that Trey comes up with.
Trey: "Mommy you should give Taatjes and me a treat today." Me: "Why is that?"
Trey: "Because today Taatjes and I love each other and we should really get a treat for doing that."
Trey: "Why are you and Daddy married." Dad: "Because mommy and daddy love each other." Trey: "I want to get married some day." Dad: "Who are you going to get married to?"
Trey: "Mommy" Dad: "You can't marry mommy, I am married to her."
Trey: "Ok, I want to grow up and get married to Taatjes!!!"

"A sign of the times." Trey has a little notepad that he carries around and calls it his blog. When he does something like ride his bike or come home from school he says; "I am going to go write that in my blog." He is always listening and paying attention to everything going on in our home. Taatjes also has his magna doodle that he refers to as his blog and then scribbles all over it.
One more...If I am not outgoing enough Trey will ensure that I step it up. When we are outside playing in the drive way we have to say "Hi" to every neighbor who comes outside and any person who happens to walk by our house. This frequently gets me into long conversations while he heads off to ride his bike and play. We often get into it out front because I won't let him walk around door to door and see how our neighbors are doing for that day:)

No comments: