Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Preschool Castle







I love Trey's preschool! They learned about recycling last week; of which I am constantly being informed to recycle all our trash. ("Mom make sure you put that milk bottle in the recycling bin not the trash can." It's great.) All the kids brought in 3 boxes from home to make a castle at school. They taped all their boxes into a giant castle that they could play in. It was awesome. When I went in Trey's room to pick him up all the kids where so proud of the castle they made. They kept it up for the week and played non-stop in it. It took up the entire back half of the class room. Trey is all about building castles at home now. Every Costco Huggies box I have has been turned into parts of his castle. Taatjes is digging it too. Again, I just love his school. This week they are learning about insects and all day yesterday we had to hunt for bugs. Trey learned that an ant can carry 100 times his weight. He asked me if I would pretend to be an ant and carry our car instead of drive it:)

1 comment:

kelli said...

Don't you just love great preschools? It really gets them set up to love school. What a fun idea. I wish we had room in my classroom to build a recycle castle. We build a city...it's a little smaller, but similar idea. I like the castle better though!