Thursday, August 09, 2007

Honestly Can I Just Go To The Bathroom!

Normally when I have to use the bathroom I put Teague in his crib to play. This particular time I saw how happy Teague was playing with his toy and the boys were content eating a snack while playing trains, so I left him there. Big mistake:( I am off to the powder room (lets make it sound nice and clean) for a quick trip. In the course of 1 minute I hear Trey yelling to me; "MOM Taatjes is feeding a chip to Teague"! This is not a soft chip of sorts it is a hard, sharp, pointy tortilla chip. So I began to use my really scary yelling mommy voice; "TAATJES stop, do not feed that chip to Teague or I will take your kitty away from you (kitty-his most treasured possession). Which is followed by Trey; "Ah MOM he did and Teague is chocking" whack, whack, whack, screams and crying. Quick as I can, if you have been there you no what I mean when I say quick as I can, I run to the 3 of them. Poor Teague is streaming with tears and fear in his eyes. Trey repeating, "I had to , I had to whack him on the back he was chocking." I scooped Teague up, took Taatjes' kitty and tried to let Trey (who is also crying) know that he did the right thing and everything is ok. I am throwing in the towel in regards to using the bathroom. I'm just going to hold it until Justin gets home:)

5 comments:

-Kelly said...

I am laughing out loud!!!! SO FUNNY! You are the best story teller. I think I would love to be a fly on the wall around your house. I've so been there... I can't imagine adding one more child though! You're amazing!

-Kelly said...

ok, for some reason I've been thinking about your "potty dilemna" all morning. Do the kids still nap? At least Trey and Teague..? Could you go then?

The Belgianos said...

Yes Teague and Taatjes still nap and I can go while they sleep. Trey is awake and we are trying to do learning and some kind of sport outside during this time so I usually forget. I just have to put by body on a 7am/7pm sechdule.

kelli said...

Oh my gosh Michelle. We were just talking with some friends about how the dynamic just totally changes when you go from two kids to three. Now you are totally outnumbered. At least with two you still have two hands and four when your husbands home. Good news is that I have heard that after three, you can have as many as you want and it really doesn't make much difference. So go ahead and have ten more!!

I'm glad everyone is okay...except maybe kitty, poor thing got taken away and it wasn't even kitty's fault. To answer your potty dilemma, I say just lock all three up in individual padded rooms so you can tinkle to your hearts delight!

Anonymous said...

That was sooo funny, I was laughing sooo hard as I read that. I also agree that you are a fabulous writer...and should start thinking about writing a "The diary of a mom" and use many of these blog entires! Every mom needs to know that all of these things are perfectly normal and deserve a good laugh! Thanks for sharing!