Friday, July 13, 2007

"Daddy I Was So Brave."

"Daddy I was so brave..." is all a proud little 2 year old wants to say after the most traumatic day in his life thus far. As some of you have heard Taatjes knocked out 2 of his teeth:( Yes they can put them back in and you can't see in the picture that they are being held in place by a wire glued to the other teeth around them.
Things to share from this experience.
1) Mouths bleed a lot.
2) Not helpful to have Trey repeatedly tell Taatjes that we will not go back home until the dentist fixes his teeth. This will always be followed by loud screams of no, no, no, I don't want to see the dentist, I don't want to see the dentist the whole time we walk him back to the dentist.
3) Having your baby sick at the same time just doesn't work. I had to hold Taatjes' legs to the table with one hand while propping Teague up with my other arm on my hip to stop him from screaming as well. The whole event put Teague into shock. He cried the entire time as well.
4) Having your child scream I want my mom, where is my mom while he is being held down to a table having painful work done to him will make anyone tear up now matter how much you tell your self to hold it together for your kids.
5) What a challenge it is to have a 2 year old "take it easy and play lightly" which were part of my instructions for caring for him. Right after we got home Taatjes threw the Frisbee they gave him, ran to pick it up, and stepped on it which sent him flying backwards hitting his head into the ground. Not a good start.
6) Taatjes loves taking his medicine for this injury. He thinks he is so grown up just like "mommy and daddy take medicine".
7) If your child thinks he was brave even though he screamed and kicked the whole time, just go with it and hope he will remember that thought the next time.
8) Being told he can eat ice cream and yogurt for the next couple days will put an instant smile on any 2 year old face:)

Taatjes has to go back to the dentist on Monday and have some of his damaged nerves removed. The dentist told me that this visit will be worse than what he already did for Taatjes' teeth. They will also see if his teeth took to being placed back in. I'll post the update. Until then its all; "slow down Taatjes, no you can't ride your bike, and Trey do not touch him", etc.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom was pretty brave too! Taking on all 3 boys and performing like a champ with all that blood...Dad's job is a bit too easy. Taatjes also kept remarking "Mom took good care of me."