Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Yummy Pretzels

Taatjes did great at the dentist yesterday. They said that for his age he handled everything very well. His teeth get to stay in, yeah. Both teeth are dead from falling out but will stay put hopefully until he gets his permanent teeth. The nerves that are supposed to be attached to his teeth are obviously not anymore which is good and bad. Good- he can't feel any pain in those teeth. Bad- they have left open cavities which have been filling up with an infection. So he had to have 2 holes drilled into his teeth to allow all that stuff to drain out. One more trip back to the dentist in August to have them filled with antibiotic and capped. All in all he is just really happy to finally get to eat some Pretzels:) Oh and while exiting the car today he feel strait on his face thankfully (as odd as that sounds) only his forehead hit the ground. Oh yes, for you Moms and Dads out there, the dentist told me that if I had not come in within the hour of the accident he would not have been able to keep his teeth. Another proud moment in my life...overcoming my own vanity to rush to the dentist with stained smelly clothes from the day before with a sick baby, no deodorant had been applied yet for the day, and clay under my finger nails (which looked as if I hadn't washed my hands in days). I admit that I was thinking I should go back in the house to put on deodorant once I had the kids all strapped in their car seats:)

3 comments:

kelli said...

Oh my goodness, Michelle. Poor Taatjes...and poor you! Those moments are so hard. How exactly did he get injured in the first place?

I'm glad he's better and able to eat all the cheezy goodness you'll allow.

The Belgianos said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to write how this happened. He fell off his tricycle strait down face first into the road. This was while we were out for a walk so we had to run home. Each boy was crying while we ran. I'm sure we made for quite a sight:)

kelli said...

Oh, ouch. I'm so sorry!