Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Enjoy it the time will fly by"


This is exactly what my parents said to me a few years ago during Trey's second birthday and the arrival of baby #2 (when life gets hectic). It is only too true. It is hard to believe that my first baby is now turning 5! The time is flying by and it has been so awesome to watch Trey grow in so many aspects of life. To have him go from completely dependent to so independent blows me away. He throws spirals, scores goals, shoots baskets, and basically no longer needs us to pretend he is beating us. He is also learning to spell (we are no longer able to get away with spelling out things we do not want him to know) and read. I used to sit with Trey and read and read, now I look over at him and see him sitting all by himself trying to figure out the words in the book. He is a huge help to me with his brothers! He serves as entertainer, toy finder (really anything finder), and hand holder in times of comfort or for safety. Just yesterday when we picked him up from school he made pretzels and saved 2 for each of his brothers because, "I knew they would love some pretzels".
We all love him and are excited to celebrate his 5th birthday!!!

No comments: