Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Flying w/3 Boys



What an adventure. Flying with all 3 boys has given me many stories. For the most part the boys did great and most people were kind to us. There are always a few who simply do not understand.
We did not get off to the best start with missing our flight out because of baggage check-in policies by 3 minutes. Yes literally 3 minutes is what the lady told me from behind the counter as she ripped up my tickets immediately (she meant business). Even though we did not miss the flight we missed the time limit by 3 minutes to check your bags therefore we would not be allowed to take the flight out. It was a 6:30am flight. We had been up since 4am. She could not get us on another flight until noon! Justin had to leave to catch his own flight out of the country, so we had no choice but to be stuck in the airport. Oh well we would have to find things to do to pass the time in the airport. Multiple runs across the moving walk ways, watching the airplanes take off, and many trips to the bathroom to use the hand dryers! Oh and a lot of explaining why each plane we saw take off was not ours. I do not have pics of this part because I was just trying to make sure I did not lose anyone.
Anyways, both flights there and back went as best as I could hope for. One bloody nose, a few angry stares from Teague's screeching, and a few attempted escapes from our seats...not bad. I did tell one man in front of Trey a little piece of my mind. Trey did kick his seat at the beginning and I quickly told him not to and he would not receive his prize if he did this again (on purpose) the man saw this. Well he is 4 and his feet come right to the back of the chair. So again by accident this next time he hit the chair. The man became very upset turned around and looked at me saying he is kicking my seat again. Here we go, "yes I understand and I have no problem telling him not to you saw that before, it was an accident, he is 4 you know and his feet are at that level unlike your own, besides if you did not have your chair reclined strait back into his feet further it probably would not have happened. I can only do so much trying to keep 3 little ones happy and respectful in this tight space." Wow, I was clearly steaming because if you know me I am so non-confrontational but mess with my kids and I will speak up. Trey already felt bad enough and said sorry before he turned around to warn me. He was the exception, most people are very kind to them.
Really the success of both trips is due to one entire carry-on full of food and the philosphy of just kept it coming the whole time. You want it you got it and there is plenty more! Also, the flight attendants were great to us. The boys got to go into the cock pit meet the pilots, pretend to drive the air plane, and help the flight attendant with her clean up. (That was one brave flight attendant to take them on to help her. I did tell her repeatedly that she did not have to do this but she insisted.) They did great and felt very special.
It is all over now and it was worth the visit with Grandma and Grandpa:)
(Of course no one wanted to watch the movies we brought???)

3 comments:

Charity Lemke said...

You are a braver woman than I!

MP said...

michelle,

i love looking at your blog! Your boys are so adorable..bless your heart for flying with three boys..at least you made it out alive!! :)
Megan Sayor Parker

The Water Family said...

Wow Michelle! You are brave, one is hard enough. Good for you for speaking up, obviously the man had no kids of his own! Hope all is well.