Friday, March 28, 2008

I love it:)

Yesterday Trey asked me; "Mom can we go visit Humpty Dumpty?"
Me: "Why do you want to do that?"
Trey: "I want to see if he really has a crack in his shell."
Me: "Well I am not sure how to find Humpty Dumpty to go visit him." (I am trying to keep the conversation going)
Trey: (mom you are gonna love this) "Well if we can go find Mary Poppins she will know where to find Humpty Dumpty. She can take us to any Nursery Rhyme we want."
In my head: "Well of course that makes perfect sense! Onward to Mary Poppins!"
Believe me there are days even I dream of Mary Poppins swooping in to entertain my kids:)
Unfortunately I had to tell him I have no idea where Mary Poppins lives, somewhere in England!?! Trey is not one to be stopped when his mind is set on something. He calmly explains to me that if we write her a letter she will come to us. I then told him it has to be written by him only (just like the kids the movie). His response was a large scowl face and off he went. Probably to rethink his plans.
I can't get enough of conversations like this.

No comments: