Thursday, January 08, 2009

Mom has to have shots!!!!

The other day I had to get 5 shots at the doctors - ouch! I had Taatjes and Teague with me for this appointment and what I saw on my boys face when I received the shots was priceless!
As the nurse placed each needle on the table Taatjes' face slowly began to rise into the biggest smile! The nurse asked him if his mom was going to be brave and he shook his head so fast up in down, huge smile, and said "YES"! I asked him; "why Taatjes you look so happy, what for"? Taatjes burst out with, "because mom you have to get shoots"!!! It hit me that I am the one who has dragged him into a doctors office for the last 4 years of his life to receive these highly unpleasant and painful shots; and now it was finally my turn! I saw his eyes widen as each needle (5) was placed in my arm! I think his main joy was at seeing that mom had to be treated the same way in which he has been, it just left him amazed. He did tell me after it was done that I was very brave!

No comments: