Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Reunited and It Feels So Good..."

Oh the places I have had to go back to to get Taatjes Kitty!
So I think in all the excitement and awe of mom receiving shots Taatjes left his beloved Kitty at the Passport Health office! When we realized that Kitty was missing the office was already closed and would not be open for another week! Well this did not go over well w/Taatjes, but, he understood that it was his fault (and not moms) that Kitty had to "sleep at the doctor's office":( So every night before bed Taatjes prayed that his Kitty would stay safe at the office and that they would call mommy soon to tell her to come pick him up!
Well his prayers were answered when 1 week later they called me and told me they had Kitty and are waiting for me to come get him! Of course I had to document this memory:) This is Taatjes without Kitty:( Really every night he gave us this face and some crying that he did not have Kitty at bed time. Next the wonderful man who kept Kitty safe (he told me he is a grandpa and knows how important this worn little Kitty was to someone) until Taatjes came for him. And, finally the face Taatjes normally goes to bed with as he snuggles his Kitty! Look at the joy! Reunited and I am thankful for that...now we can sleep again!
Taatjes has also vowed never to take Kitty out of the house again as to not lose him again!
We'll see how long that lasts. Kitty has been left at the park twice, Target, and now the doctor's office! I am usually good about making sure Kitty is not taken anywhere with us but my quite little Taatjes has manged to sneak him past me in the chaos of leaving the house at times!

No comments: