Thursday, January 08, 2009

Mom when I'm an adult...

Trey has recently been informing me of the things he will do as an adult. More specifically when he is 30.
Yesterday - Trey tells me; "Mom, when I am 30 and I have a family, I am going to buy them a Wii and they will only be allowed to play it when I am home from work on a play day"!!!
"Mom, when I am 30 I am going to buy myself a lot of candy and only give you some of it!!!"
2 things that Trey currently feels wronged by! He is only allowed to play the Wii on Saturdays (which is what we call a play day because no school and Dad is home) which he is sooo upset about and must feel that others should have to live with the injustice he has had to. The candy...I recently purchased a lot of candy to make goodie bags for some girls I know and only allowed the boys to have one thing. Again, clearly Trey feels that I one day will have to experience the unjust treatment he has received! I try to tell him all the time that I have already been a kid like him with rules but no go in this situation. He wants to have a chance to dish out the "unfair" treatment!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

But Trey, you have a Wii! Even if you're only able to play with it once a week, that's pretty fantastic.

Please bring it with you to Colorado.

Now on the candy issue...I'm with you man, I'm with you.

Chrissy said...

Those stories are so great Michelle. Don't know if I would have been so brave getting those shots even if my young children were watching.

As for the Wii, now Andrew just keeps walking around saying, "When I am 30, I am getting a Wii..." to which I reply well just 2 years and 3 months longer.

The Belgianos said...

I can't stop laughing at that, Chrissy! -Justin