Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday - The Right Way

After church, we hit up Costco for more stocking up.
  • You know you're with Dad when lunch is hitting up all the free samples at CostCo. (I'd like to claim this is a special occurrence, but we do this way more than we should.)
  • Bought fruit, hoping this may appease the vegetable vow. Bought steak, ribs, and ground beef - now we're talking.
  • Saw a sign for a Pet Expo and did that....totally lame. Boys just wanted to see pets and find "free stuff", which there was little of to their dismay. Too many sad dog rescue booths mixed with a hard to fathom collection of pet paraphernalia. Finally found a couple snakes and a dog obstacle thing. Strange crowd...like couples wearing matching "got huskies?" t-shirts (like "got milk") and yes, a grown man did ask my boys if they'd like to see a picture of his dog, which he had in his wallet. Hard to hold off explaining the concept of dork to them - they'll learn in time.
  • More casting practice - they want to do this for hours. getting pretty good. more Star Wars.
  • America's Funniest Home Videos has become a favorite in our house. We all giggled a lot.
  • Have you ever seen a Peep grow? Microwave it for 15 sec. and you can. The boys love this!
  • Hoping you will all support me in reclassifying bananas as a vegetable. That would be a big help. "Wow! We've never had bananas at dinner before!"
Noticeable Changes:
  • Michelle must have canceled our chef service when she left. We usually have veggies and awesome dinners....but those take time and I don't have that while I'm watching the boys. They occupy all your time. Must be easier when she has that gourmet chef service every night.
  • Also - Michelle has stacked the deck against me. She must have canceled our laundry service when she left, too. I went in to get new clothes for the boys and they were all dirty...hasn't changed in 2 days. How am I supposed to find time to do laundry?! It's much easier when it just shows up in their drawers for me. Must be nice when she has that laundry service.
Have I said how incredible my life is?!

Pray for Michelle's endurance and leadership. Boys are praying that she "serves like Jesus and keeps the kids safe." I'm sure the emotional and physical demands are taking their toll. I know she is doing awesome, though.

4 comments:

Hee-Haw said...

Hi Poet Warriors:

It sounds like your having the kind of fun all bravehearts should have. I wish I could be with you to play and fish and wrestle.

HeeHaw and Grandma are also praying for Michelle.

Love HeeHaw

Anonymous said...

Justin,
Glad you and the Warriors are doing well. I was just thinking about the boys today. You will have to tell them I said hi!

The Belgianos said...

I will. No doubt they will bring up sugar and ice cream. :)

Lindylu said...

Praying with you for Michelle. Can't wait to hear stories. And I need to go buy some peeps!